Monday, February 15, 2010

I Hate My Toaster Oven

My morning routine is (and has been for a few months now) that I wake up and eat a Bay's English Muffin with strawberry jam on it. Usually I keep the toaster oven set on the 2 setting (out of 10), but it always comes out a little underdone, so today I bumped the setting up to 3. After I put the english muffin in the toaster, I went and sat down and totally forgot about it. That is, until I smelled the smoke. I ran into the kitchen and saw the two halves sitting in the open toaster oven, completely blackened and one on fire. I then had to soak them in water to put out the smoldering bits and to make sure they wouldn't burst into flame.

Apparently, my options are a little underdone, or totally inedible.

So I am now eating a bowl of Coco Pops and being angry.

2 comments:

Elsa said...

gah!!!! flaming muffin is too good. your life is a movie

p.s. i do mean english muffin, there was no misunderstanding. i know you don't put strawberry jam on your muffins. ooh, saucy.

yayaclaws said...

oh gross.